Sunday, April 26, 2009

Brent meets Ann Curry and Mike Mullen (chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff)



Admiral Mullen and Ann Curry (of the Today show) came to NAMRU-3 on a tour last week. Brent spoke with both of them and I am including a picture of Brent and the other officers with Ann Curry (you can hardly see Brent, but he is there) and Brent in formation while Adm. Mullen spoke to each one of the officers.

Brent didn't even tell me about it right away and we couldn't tell anyone else until a week had passed! Brent's trip to Azerbaijan went well and he said he had the best hot chocolate he has ever had while there (called Black and White---mix of dark and white chocolates). Also, said that flying into Vienna, Austria was beautiful.....we are going to need to go to the Alps I think:)

5 comments:

Natalie said...

I used to be a very big Ann Curry fan, back when she had a news desk at 6:30am. She had a lot more news-anchor credibility than Katie Couric. Maybe she still does, but I think she's probably softened. Of course if she's out there, she obviously not in Meredith Vieira territory. ;-)

Natalie said...

The previous comment was written by Taylor, not me. You can probably tell. ;-)

The Christensen Family said...

Living somewhere very different like there must be interesting. What a wonderful experience.

greg's wife said...

Amiee, do let me know if you are headed to Austria at all. We studied just a couple of hours west of Vienna, so we have some 'must see' spots that are not total tourist traps. I am so happy for your family and all of the experiences you are getting. Lots of love and prayers, Chrissy

Michelle Carey said...

You guys are celebrities. I can't believe how many amazing experiences you've had already. Love you guys!