Thursday, April 22, 2010

Track season and life happenings

Well, it is track and field season here. Rebekah and Josh both are on the middle school team and they both ran in the 200 meter race today (Thursday 22nd). They did great and ran hard and I am proud of them for sticking with it. I tried to get a picture of the race, but I was so busy yelling and cheering, that I didn't get a good picture. I will try again on Saturday:)

Our church branch hosted a Community Concert and that was also tonight. It went well and we had quite a number of participants. The primary kids sang 2 songs, so it was fun to see the kids perform. The kids think the best part was all the cookies at the end:)

Brent is traveling to the Republic of Georgia next week. He hasn't been there before, so it will be a new experience. The air is clearing enough around Europe to finally allow plane travel, so he will go as planned. They said the ash passed through Cairo air the other day....I couldn't tell a difference, which goes to show how bad the pollution is daily here!

I am substitute teaching quite a bit and really liking it. Last week I was a drawing/painting teacher, a pe teacher and a ceramics teacher. I like the variety and I really like the kids. When I get the dinner in the crockpot before I leave in the morning, then the day goes pretty smoothly:)

We are jut plugging along and getting ready for our trip back to USA this summer. Excited to come and be with family. My brothers Andy and Alan both welcomed little baby boys into their families in last few months, so we have new cousins to meet and love on. Josh FINALLY has some more boy cousins on the Kearns side. He can teach them everything he knows:)

Along with track, Rebekah and Josh have piano lessons. Josh also plays trumpet and baseball. Elisabeth is doing horse-back riding and getting quite good at it. Emma is taking gymnastics and basketball. Sarah is reading better and better and still loves to sing her heart out. Brent and I are just trying to keep up with life's pace and still have time to spend a little time together.

Hope all of you are doing well. Love you all and thanks for all the support you give to us:)

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Thanks for the update! Can't wait to see you.